Sunday, August 30, 2009

Pho-toes

So, I've been working on this masterpiece post. I was thinking it would be done in like a matter of a half hour cuz all the thoughts are just so dang clear in my head. When it comes out however, it's like reading a junior higher's paper analyzing the depth of characters in East of Eden. Yeah, exactly like that.... maybe some loosely recognizable ideas, but just not quite there. No offense if you're a junior higher, but let's be honest here, you've got a lot of English classes ahead of you for good reason. Maybe I should have likewise.
So, instead of posting the greatest post ever written, I'm gonna show you some more photos of my experiences.
This one I just have to show you. I drive by this thing everyday, and seriously laugh every single time. I don't know how long it's been here, and how much it's selling for, but I'm pretty sure I don't wanna know the guy who buys this. Do Central American guerrilla nationalists really vacation in Bali? I guess one might happen to drive by this particular statue shop. This thing is seriously at least 30' tall. Our wealthy freedom fighter is gonna have to have a pretty big helicopter- and a lot of fuel- to get it to Nicaragua.

The next one I tried to load small. This is just to let you know that I too have to suffer a little bit while in Bali. Don't click on the photo if you don't wanna see a bigger version, but if you're intrigued.... I got this from some reef at a place called Lacerations. Shoulda got the hint that reef booties are a must. This little cut here is 3 weeks old in this photo. After about week 2 of constantly surfing with it, my foot looked like it was gonna fall off, so I had to stop surfing for a week (ok, maybe snuck a session in here or there... I was getting desperate).

And this one is kinda cool. It's the moon. It was dancing.

And this one is what I see when I go to sleep at night. The bright lights on the horizon are fishing boats getting some nocturnal fishes. Mmmm, fishes. Ahh, stars.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know why I felt like it was necessary to open that picture and SEE YOUR ROTTING FLESH BLOWN UP ACROSS MY ENTIRE COMPUTER SCREEN? But I couldn't resist. And I hated it.

    What I don't hate is that last shot of the fishing boats. perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously can't say I didn't throw out a decent warning...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously I have no self control...

    ReplyDelete